To submit your report or to respond to an invitation to review for any of the BioMed Central
journals, please go to the journal’s specific peer review system which can be found on the journal’s website.
Peer-review policy for BioMed Central journals
- All journals published by BioMed Central operate a system of peer review for their research articles and for most other article types.
- The precise form of peer review is left to those responsible for editorial control of the journal. In some cases, including all the medical BMC journals, reviewers are asked to sign their reviews and the pre-publication history of each paper (submitted versions, reviewers’ reports, authors’ responses) is posted on the web with the published article.
- BioMed Central journals use an electronic submission and peer-review process designed to facilitate rapid peer review.
- BioMed Central is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) For more information, visit www.publicationethics.org.
- BioMed Central endorses the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) Policy Statement on Geopolitical Intrusion on Editorial Decisions.
Reviewers preparing reports on articles to be published in BMC Proceedings should not return reports
to BioMed Central, but should submit these to the organising group for the proceedings. Any queries
regarding reviews for BMC Proceedings can be directed to BioMed Central by email: