• In one sentence, answer the question “Why Open Access?”
• Print out the “I Open Access Storyboard” and write your answer on the front of it.
• Send a photo of you holding your storyboard to firstname.lastname@example.org
Optimize your page by including the following information along with your emailed submission:
• Up to 500 words elaborating on your achievements in your field and why you support open access to research
• Up to three links to professional social media/blog sites or a portfolio of research/CV
• Other Biodata such as your Institution, Position, Country, and ORCID ID number
Stay tuned as more “OA Stories” are uploaded to the Why I Open Access gallery and additional features for your OA stories are unveiled.
*By submitting my image to the I Open Access contest, I hereby grant Springer-Verlag GmbH, as well as any and all of its “affiliated companies” within the meaning of Section 15 et seqq. of the Aktiengesetz (AktG, German Stock Corporation Act), the express and irrevocable authorization to use the above-referenced photographic images, in which I am pictured, in any and all forms of use, whether currently known or yet unknown; this right is not limited in terms of its duration, geographical extent, or substance. This right specifically includes, without being limited thereto, the right to reproduce the images; the right to publish and disseminate the same in printed and/or electronic form (specifically via reprinting in published materials or via use in offline and online databases); as well as the right to make the images publicly accessible in any and all forms (specifically via the internet); it also includes the right to display and/or publicly present the images. Provided any affected personal rights are respected, said images may be edited and/or modified (e.g. via montage; via combination with other images, texts or graphics; via technical photo manipulation, and/or via colorization).